SAVE THE DATE: 11/29/2022 #GIVINGTUESDAY2022: Hope, Home and Community!
Radical Generosity \ ˈra-di-kəl \ \ d͡ʒɛnəˈɹɑsəti \ noun The concept that the suffering of others should be as intolerable to us as our own suffering.
WHAT IS GIVING TUESDAY? Giving Tuesday is a global movement dedicated to charitable giving. Established in 2012, it unites charities across the world to raise awareness and funds for crucial programs and services.
On #GivingTueday2022 we've set a campaign goal is $5,000 (with a matching donor!) that is vital to raising funds that will provide shelter, food, and services to families in need.
- As we enter the Thanksgiving season, please consider partnering with Family Promise of Greater Concord to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity as we work together to eradicate family homelessness.
Your help is needed to continue this work as the number of families needing emergency shelter has been increasing and the waitlist is up to 8 families!
We have seen first-hand what the generosity of this community can do to put a family back on track. And thanks to you, when a family enters our shelter program their 3 main worries are removed:
- They stay together and families remain intact
- They are provided free meals so that no one goes hungry
- They are provided shelter where our volunteers and host sites keep them safe are warm
Help spread the word and take the #unselfie challenge!
- In a show of support for the National Day of Giving, from now until 11/29/2022 take a picture, tag it with #UNSELFIE and #GIVINGTUESDAY and upload it to your social media page!
Together through #GivingDay2022 we can make these challenging times a little less overwhelming for families and children in need. Let's do this!!